Mar 11, 2021
Zac Prince, CEO and Cofounder of BlockFi joins the show once again to
discuss BlockFi's newly announced Series D financing and to discuss
market dynamics. In this episode:
- Announcing the Series D round of financing
- Growth of revenues and clients on the platform
- How BlockFi classifies itself in the taxonomy of banking,
fintech, and brokerage
- Market worries around the GBTC discount
- Why did GBTC flip to being discounted?
- What the GBTC discount means for BlockFi
- How do the current GBTC dynamics affect Bitcoin interest rates,
if at all?
- One unexpected way the GBTC discount could disappear
- The prospects for "busting the trust"
- How Zac thinks about public messaging and the Twitter
- What fraction of the bitcoin interest rate the GBTC trade
- What's next for BlockFi
Prior BlockFi OTB episodes: